The Vegan Breadmaking made Easy course starts Tues 28th June 6-8. A 5wk course-making 10 or so different breads.
Intros/labels/register - icebreaker - expectations - what’s going to happen tonight.
- Demo of a fruit soda bread and a plain one - Students follow suit - bread goes in oven
2. Demo of high-hydration loaf - Students follow suit - put to one side
3. FDRs - students make 6 rolls - put to prove (check soda breads)
4. Re-visit HH dough - knead it using olive oil
Demo of shaping HH loaf. Oil plastic bags for dough
Whiteboard: soda breads: 1 cup flour; 1.5 tsp bp;
either: 1/4 tsp salt Or: 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp m/spice, 1 cup sultanas
1/3rd cup cold water and splash of olive oil
Three cups flour (either all white or 2 w/m to 1 white), tsp salt, 1.5 cups lukewarm water with 1 teaspoon yeast + olive oil
FDRs - 1 cup flour - 1/4 tsp salt - 1/3rd cup l/warm water - 1 tsp yeast
My aim is to change students' attitude to breadmaking - to bring it into your comfort zone.
Over the next 4 weeks we can make at least another 8 different breads/cakes/
- and I’d like to spend half a session on GF