No bread is an island

...entire of itself. (With apologies to John Donne!)
I live and breathe breadmaking. I’m an evangelist who would like everyone to make his or her own bread. I want to demystify breadmaking and show it as the easy everyday craft that it is. To this end I endeavour to make my recipes as simple and as foolproof as I possibly can.

I call my blog 'No bread is an island' because every bread is connected to another bread. So a spicy fruit bun with a cross on top is a hot cross bun. This fruit dough will also make a fruit loaf - or Chelsea buns or a Swedish tea ring...
I'm also a vegan, so I have lots of vegan recipes on here - and I'm adding more all the time.

Wednesday 4 September 2024

I LOVE MEETING PEOPLE WHILE I'M OUT DOING MY TRAINING!

When I'm out training for my next ultra, or just getting the miles in - and I'm doing about 40-50k a week ATM - I often strike up a conversation with people I meet. 

I have several aims in these conversations - I'm fundraising for Viva! of course - they do such amazing work on behalf of the animals; I talk about going vegan, because of the suffering of animals; I mention that veganism is good for the planet; and it's also good for our health. I ask, if they have a phone, that they take a pic of my leaflet, which contains a wealth of info about all aspects of veganism.

People are generally surprised when they see how old I am - even more so when they hear about the number of ultras I've done, and my goal of reaching 100 ultras before my 100th birthday. But I don't consider myself exceptional - I'm just an ordinary bloke who just wants to increase the amount of well-being in the world, and the fact that I can do this whilst keeping myself fit and healthy at the same time, is just a bonus.

[I often mention to people that I make a simple and cheap chocolate cake. Recipe here.]

So, here are the links to all the info on the leaflet:

My 100 Ultras Challenge, with links to my fundraiser for Viva! 

Why is everyone going Vegan???

To find out, start here>>> 'Dairy is Scary' (YouTube 5 mins)

THE ENVIRONMENT:

Cowspiracy 

Seaspiracy

YOUR HEALTH:

How not to Die, by Dr Michael Greger - who also wrote How not to Age.

What the Health

Gamechangers

MORALS AND CONVICTIONS:

The Best Speech You Will Ever Hear

How We Use Animals

GO VEGAN

Want to change your life for the better? Are you ready for the challenge? Help to go vegan.

Also:

21 Day Vegan Kickstart Program

Humans have developed as Herbivores.

Finally, fancy a break? With wonderful hosts - and animals:

The Base Vegan Retreat and Animal Sanctuary.

Humans have developed as Herbivores.


No comments:

Post a Comment