No bread is an island

...entire of itself. (With apologies to John Donne!)
I live and breathe breadmaking. I’m an evangelist who would like everyone to make his or her own bread. I want to demystify breadmaking and show it as the easy everyday craft that it is. To this end I endeavour to make my recipes as simple and as foolproof as I possibly can.

I call my blog 'No bread is an island' because every bread is connected to another bread. So a spicy fruit bun with a cross on top is a hot cross bun. This fruit dough will also make a fruit loaf - or Chelsea buns or a Swedish tea ring...
I'm also a vegan, so I have lots of vegan recipes on here - and I'm adding more all the time.

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Breadmaking courses

Wednesday 7th December 2011.
Just heard I'll be running another course in Williton starting 17th Jan, for 5 weeks - and then another in the summer.

In February I'll be running 2 or 3 sessions at the hostel for the homeless where I held a starter session recently, plus another 2 or 3 in the summer.




Tuesday 1st October 2010.
I shall be running two evening breadmaking courses in the Autumn term, both for the general public:

In Wellington from 22/9/10 to 20/10/10, and

In Bridgwater from 2/11/10 to 30/11/10.

I'm starting a new Family Learning course at Bishop Hull Primary School in June for 6 weeks, for 8 or 9 year 3 students and their parents.

I've also been given £200 by West Monkton Parish Council to run 3 more breadmaking sessions under the 'Breadmaking for all' banner.

These will run back to back on Saturday the 18th of September - from 10 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon.

The breads we will be making are two varieties of soda bread and a batch of Chelsea buns.

I've now started working for the Worker's Education Association, which is very exciting.

I've been asked to run 2 courses in the Autumn and Winter for Taunton Association for the Homeless. They have a new training kitchen and a small cafe. The idea ATM is that some of their products may be sold in the cafe (or at least displayed there) and when students  complete the course they would be able to help out in the cafe.

And the WEA have been given some money which must be used up by the 31st of July - so I'll be doing  5 sessions  at the Albemarle Centre in Taunton, which is a drop-in centre for Adults with Learning Disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment