No bread is an island

...entire of itself. (With apologies to John Donne!)
I live and breathe breadmaking. I’m an evangelist who would like everyone to make his or her own bread. I want to demystify breadmaking and show it as the easy everyday craft that it is. To this end I endeavour to make my recipes as simple and as foolproof as I possibly can.

I call my blog 'No bread is an island' because every bread is connected to another bread. So a spicy fruit bun with a cross on top is a hot cross bun. This fruit dough will also make a fruit loaf - or Chelsea buns or a Swedish tea ring...
I'm also a vegan, so I have lots of vegan recipes on here - and I'm adding more all the time.

Friday 24 May 2013

My Daily Bread (7)

After a very quiet April, May has been  - well, frenetic at times!

It began on the first of May with a Family Learning session at Fledglings Pre-school, Bishop Henderson PS with 12 parents and 15 children. I took three of my ovens, and there was one in the venue - so we did the session in 2 shifts.

In a busy session like this, I tend to just get the students to make half a dozen bread rolls in a variety of shapes. No pics, I'm afraid. 


On the 4th of May I fancied a lentil and potato pie (with a bread dough) and also an apple and sultana pie (also with a bread dough).

The savoury pie on the left, the apple pie on the right with a jam pasty made with some leftover doughh


The inside of the apple pie

Ditto for the lentil and potato pie
I should say that both pies were gorgeous!

[More to come from my sessions at
Brock House Sure Start centre, Norton Fitzwarren, Taunton.

And the WEA course at Hornblotton, Shepton Mallet, Somerset ]

No comments:

Post a Comment