No bread is an island

...entire of itself. (With apologies to John Donne!)
I live and breathe breadmaking. I’m an evangelist who would like everyone to make his or her own bread. I want to demystify breadmaking and show it as the easy everyday craft that it is. To this end I endeavour to make my recipes as simple and as foolproof as I possibly can.

I call my blog 'No bread is an island' because every bread is connected to another bread. So a spicy fruit bun with a cross on top is a hot cross bun. This fruit dough will also make a fruit loaf - or Chelsea buns or a Swedish tea ring...
I'm also a vegan, so I have lots of vegan recipes on here - and I'm adding more all the time.

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Breadmaking courses Autumn 2011

I have two courses running in the Autumn - both at far-flung places (for me!).

Essential Breadmaking Made Easy (First Steps) at:

Burnham  - Mon 19th Sept 19:00-21:00 for 5 weeks; and

Williton - Tues 15th Nov 13:00-15:00 for 5 weeks.

I'm also running pizza-making workshops for the youngsters of Halcon, Taunton, every Wednesday morning through the summer holidays in the wonderful new wood-fired dragon (I mean oven!).

Just heard the Burnham course is going ahead - 6 have enrolled, so there's still room for a couple more!


No comments:

Post a Comment