No bread is an island

...entire of itself. (With apologies to John Donne!)
I live and breathe breadmaking. I’m an evangelist who would like everyone to make his or her own bread. I want to demystify breadmaking and show it as the easy everyday craft that it is. To this end I endeavour to make my recipes as simple and as foolproof as I possibly can.

I call my blog 'No bread is an island' because every bread is connected to another bread. So a spicy fruit bun with a cross on top is a hot cross bun. This fruit dough will also make a fruit loaf - or Chelsea buns or a Swedish tea ring...
I'm also a vegan, so I have lots of vegan recipes on here - and I'm adding more all the time.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

BREADMAKING in Hornblotton, Somerset

Friday 8th March 2013
I've just been informed that the course has been (almost) fully subscribed, with 11 students enrolling. Only 9 weeks away, now! I've asked my line manager to give those students the web address of this blog. I feel it would be good for the students to get a sense of what I'm about before the course starts.

28/3/2012
This course will take place on the 5th and 12th of May, 2013.

I will post all my planning on here, as it develops.

(It's a long way ahead, but that's how forward thinking the WEA is!)

Here's the blurb, from the brochure:

"Breadmaking made easy - from basic breads to artisan loaves" (C3523832)

Students will make a range of breads from fancy dinner rolls, through artisan loaves to Chelsea bun, Danish pastries and a variety of savoury breads - and have some fun along the way! Students will be given the opportunity to create a sourdough starter to bring to the second session. The content of the second session will mainly be decided upon after discussion with the student, but it will include 'Overnight, no-knead' bread.

16/4/2013
Oops! I'd forgotten I posted this last year - I've put my letter to students, etc, in a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment