No bread is an island

...entire of itself. (With apologies to John Donne!)
I live and breathe breadmaking. I’m an evangelist who would like everyone to make his or her own bread. I want to demystify breadmaking and show it as the easy everyday craft that it is. To this end I endeavour to make my recipes as simple and as foolproof as I possibly can.

I call my blog 'No bread is an island' because every bread is connected to another bread. So a spicy fruit bun with a cross on top is a hot cross bun. This fruit dough will also make a fruit loaf - or Chelsea buns or a Swedish tea ring...
I'm also a vegan, so I have lots of vegan recipes on here - and I'm adding more all the time.

Sunday 17 May 2015

TWEETING MY LATEST PIZZA (to #veganrecipehour and #realbreadcampaign)

I made a vegan pizza for dinner yesterday, and I wanted to tweet the procedure I used in assembling it. Just one pic of the finished product doesn't convey the whole story.

However,Twitter absolutely refused to let me upload pics from either my iPhone 5 or my MacBook; I kept getting this msg:

Uploading photo failed! Please try again later.

So, I'm going to pretend I'm tweeting from here!


Building a  pizza: H/m T/sauce&hummus w. asparagus and roasted red pepper   



Pizza base w. s/paprika&bouillon pwdr. Now added sliced tomato&m/room&s-d-tomato   




Tomato sauce with soy sauce&balsamic v., pesto&cayenne p. Now added nooch&oregano  




Ready to eat! Base made w. 1/2 w/m flour+oil fm s-d-toms  



And pan-fried curried wedges are a must with pizza, IMO!  

Notes:
The basic pizza recipe.
The potato wedges recipe.

BTW, sorry to say that asparagus does nothing for the pizza, I'm afraid! :(



No comments:

Post a Comment