As I'm fond of saying in my outreach spiel, when the F1 racing driver Lewis Hamilton went vegan (which he did after seeing the film, What The Health), he put his dog, Roscoe, on a plant-based diet - and cured him of arthritis! [Which is exactly what happened to me when I gave up all animal products.] Roscoe was a healthy, 12yr-old bulldog - which is a bit of a rarity! Unfortunately, I'm sad to report that Roscoe has now died from 'an undisclosed heart condition'.
But anecdotal evidence is meaningless - what's needed is science backed evidence.
"From my published research in 2022, dogs fed a plant-based diet could live up to 18 months longer than those fed a meat-based diet."
"Evidence based published papers supporting dogs going plant-based."
And my good friend, Dr Arielle Griffiths, who is a plant-based vet, provides it:
Not just dogs - cats also benefit from plant-based nutrition
There are many recommendations on Dr Griffith's Facebook page:

Thank you for sharing such an interesting post. CurliTail in the USA creates high-quality pet accessories designed to keep pets safe and comfortable." Pet accessories
ReplyDelete