No bread is an island

...entire of itself. (With apologies to John Donne!)
I live and breathe breadmaking. I’m an evangelist who would like everyone to make his or her own bread. I want to demystify breadmaking and show it as the easy everyday craft that it is. To this end I endeavour to make my recipes as simple and as foolproof as I possibly can.

I call my blog 'No bread is an island' because every bread is connected to another bread. So a spicy fruit bun with a cross on top is a hot cross bun. This fruit dough will also make a fruit loaf - or Chelsea buns or a Swedish tea ring...
I'm also a vegan, so I have lots of vegan recipes on here - and I'm adding more all the time.

Friday 23 August 2013

What others have said...


"Another great evening last night - Thankyou Paul you made it all so easy in a motivating and enthusiastic way with really good results - well done looking forward to next week" Jane (on my current village breadmaking course).

"Thank you for a fascinating day during which you managed to remove  a lot of the mystery about making bread and also managed to ensure that we all went home with quantities of wonderful examples of the bread maker's art." Sue 


"Very much enjoyed Sunday and look forward to the next session." Jim


"Loved the course on Sunday and am looking forward to the next one very much!!!

Many thanks." Julia
(Students on day one of Hornblotton course, 5/5/13)

"Thanks, an enjoyable 2 days, entertaining and informative." Amanda


"Excellent!" Jim 




"Outstanding! ...I have had an absolutely fantastic two days. Learnt a great deal and have been more than motivated to do more home baking.

Very many thanks." Simon 


"Excellent course Paul. Many thanks again. Whoever would have thought I would be able to make all of this! Best wishes," Roger

(Hornblotton 'Breadmaking made easy' course, 5th and 12th May 2013)



"Very fun session - kids and mummy enjoyed it lots"
"Ophelia and I enjoyed it very much. Good messy play (cooking). Thank you!!"
"Alfie and Stuart - very messy fun...tasty too!
"Felicity and mum had a fab time. Thank you."
"Fab session, will definitely try this again with my little one"
Brock house (Session on 15/5/13)



"The feedback and comments from yesterday’s session were fantastic, thank you so much!!"

Lynne Johnston
Family Support Worker
Brock House Childrens Centre 
(Session on 22/5/13)



Dear Ruth and Paul, 

I just wanted to say on behalf of the school and Governors, thank you again for yesterday's session. It was wonderful to see such quality and inclusive family learning for our children.

Mrs C. E. Hepher
Headteacher 
Priorswood Primary School
(Session on 22/5/13)


17/10/11
Here's a thank you card I received from the students on a Breadmaking made Easy course I ran  at Burnham on Sea SS&L, in October, 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment