No bread is an island

...entire of itself. (With apologies to John Donne!)
I live and breathe breadmaking. I’m an evangelist who would like everyone to make his or her own bread. I want to demystify breadmaking and show it as the easy everyday craft that it is. To this end I endeavour to make my recipes as simple and as foolproof as I possibly can.

I call my blog 'No bread is an island' because every bread is connected to another bread. So a spicy fruit bun with a cross on top is a hot cross bun. This fruit dough will also make a fruit loaf - or Chelsea buns or a Swedish tea ring...
I'm also a vegan, so I have lots of vegan recipes on here - and I'm adding more all the time.

Saturday 17 August 2013

WATCH VEGUCATED

I've just watched this film, 'Watch vegucated', and I have to say it's changed the way I think about eating a plant-based diet.

I've been a vegan for coming up to 9 years now, and I've always been pretty reticent about talking about that. I've mainly waited until someone asked me about my diet, and then I've explained why I'm a vegan:

I don't want another animal to die so that I may live;
I can't eat anything that I feel sorry for;
It's better for my health;
It's better for the planet.

That's basically it. But haven't, until now, advised other people what they should eat. OK, I've gone onto the odd food forum and posted about the benefits of a plant-based diet, but I mostly keep my opinions to myself.

But watching this film has convinced me of the benefits to society of eating more plants - which means eating less meat and dairy.

Hence me posting this - I feel the need to inform.

Information is power - and I've decided to move more into spreading the word.

Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment